Area man whacks weeds, gets rained upon, plays hockey
Ahh, summer. I've (sort of) enjoyed an uneventful week. It's been raining off & on all week long. I made several trips out to Tatiana's place to do yard-work for hire. Sometime last weekend her mom offered me $10 an hour to come weed-whack & do other assorted work. $10 an hour... tax-free? Time with my woman that I'd otherwise not likely get? Where do I sign up? I was given reign over the family's DR Trimmer/mower, which is a gas-powered beast of a weed-whacker that cuts a swath of destruction through anything in its path. I began by mercilessly slicing down 2 foot tall weeds along a pasture fence. Well, that's pretty much all I did. And get rained on periodically, and watch Tatiana ride her horses from across the property. The second time I went out there her mom even drove over a riding mower with a trailer on it, carrying 10 gallons of gas, so I wouldn't have to go all the way back to the barn for it. Not too bad, I say. I guess that so long as Tatiana doesn't return my interest, or as long as our potential court-ship retains a seperated, old-fashioned quality, her mom likes me just fine. What a royal ass-ache. But I do like hanging around there & her mom is pretty nice to me, so maybe I shouldn't bitch. But really, what fun would not bitching be?As I mentioned, Tatiana has been riding her horses, plural. Since last weekend, the Eddie situation has been further looked into, and it doesn't look so bad. He behaved excellently at her instruction this week, and the vet suspects he has a low level of selenium, the lack of which can lead to muscle soreness. We could have a solution on our hands. Some medication & monitoring of his diet could get Eddie right again, and boost Tatiana's confidence in her horse. And this is kinda important, given how many competitions she does in the summer.
More hockey news: Sunday's game looks good. Yeah, we're playing on Father's Day, deal with it. We're going up against another "silver" team, but this one sucks. I took a peak at the league standings (and so can you!) online and was happily surprised. The team we're playing has as shitty a record as we do! Actually, I think they're slightly worse. They (High Rollers) have 32 goals against, and we (Black Knights) have 33. Here's the difference... their goals for is 7 and ours is 14, which is a rather good sign. Add to that the fact that we gave a much better silver team (Phantoms) a run for their money last game, and you have a formula for a potential win. If we play smart, with a good positional game, and if I employ my new goaltending method with a measure of success, we could come out on top. As usual, sunday night's hockey game is one of my most anticipated activities of the whole week. Game on!
No comments:
Post a Comment