Friday, June 06, 2003

Concert review, etc.

Plans to get together with the ever-hot Tatiana never materialized yesterday, so I wound up going out on the town. Chris came over to my folks' house (which I'm supposed to be watching) and we went to try and get his car inspected. Since no place was open at that hour (almost 6 pm) we went across Ridge Rd. to a pool-hall and shot pool while downing a pitcher of Bleu. Later on I came back to ol' B-18 and thence went to Milestones to see Ulu, a jazz-funk instrumental group from NYC. They put on an incredible show, I must say! The first thing I thought when I saw them was "wow, they look like refried shit!" The saxophonist & keyboardist both had dark circles under their eyes (they also seemed to be higher than kites) and the years on the road definitely showed. And these were fairly young guys too... couldn't be any older than me, and probably a couple years younger. They were all consummate musicians and there was plenty of great inprovisatory inter-play. I also saw a few guys from school there too, from the jazz band.

Chris & I were both flukered (Chris way more than I) and stumbled out of there around 1:00 or so. Actually I don't know what time it was, but it was after 12 & before 2. Anyways, we went back to B-18 where I started making food, and Chris proceeded to be obnoxious. I called Tatiana for a bit, till she fell back asleep, and then I completed the midnight snack, which Chris complimented repeatedly. It was a simple pasta dish, with a sausage, butter & cream sauce. I added some pesto & black pepper, and grated fresh romano on it... nothing to heavy-duty.

Well, it's after noon & I need to get back to the parents' pad to eat their food & feed the animals. Looks like I'll be able to see my woman for at least a little while later on. She's got a competition in Geneseo this weekend & is ridiculously busy getting ready today. At this rate I'll have to book a date sometime in August to see her or something. Ah well, that's what I get for dating someone with a life. Once I start work I'm sure I won't be so pre-occupied.

No comments: