So very tired
Last night I returned to B-18 and met up with Kirk, after a lengthy phone call with my lovely Tatiana. She had spent all day getting her horse & tack ready for an event today, and still had much to do. After we wrapped up, Kirk, Piper & I walked down East Ave. for the East End festival. I must say it was absolutely insane. I've never seen so many people choking the streets, most of them inebriated. I didn't detect a nice, warm, fuzzy kind of drunken-ness either, but a latent hostility. Most of the people I saw were meat-heads and bimbos, and they put off the "don't fuck with me" air. You know the kind... the crew-cut steak-head with the muscle shirt and gold jewelry, whose body language lets you know that he'll beat you into a bloody pulp if you so much as look at him side-ways. It wasn't a really happy atmpsphere around there. There were too many people and they all seemed too angry. Kirk, Piper & I found ourselves uncomfortable in this phalanx of militant testosterone, so we made our way back to Alexander and got in my car to go to Jay's Diner for a late dinner. Kirk was as disturbed by this scene as I was, and it dominated conversation for the first several minutes. After things lightened up, talk turned to various types of bowel movements. This odd topic was initiated by Kirk, of course, and I suspect was brought about because it caused Piper to laugh so hard she could barely breathe. It was truly a ridiculous conversation, and I'll leave it at that. We rented a couple movies & watched the first of them, Office Space, on Kirk's VCR which he finally got back from his ex. I went to bed around 4:00.I awoke around 5:50 with a phone call from Tatiana, who was on her way to the rally... I doubt I made any sense for a few minutes, if I did at all. I fell back asleep & got up for real around 11:00 or so, and got my crap together to go watch the rally myself. I drove down to the Avon Driving Park for a U.S. Pony Club Games regional rally. It wasn't a huge affair... there were three levels of gamers: junior, senior, and advanced. Tatiana was among the four advanced gamers. In fact, there were two teams of two each, and happily, her team won. It was a very close competition, but her and Megan's horse management skills won out in the end. All the teams pretty much know each other & get along well anyway. It was fun to watch, and something I definitely don't often do. I'd love to go watch a huge games event, but the eastern championships are down in Lexington, VA, so it's not exactly convenient, and Tatiana tells me all the area's hotels are probably full that week already. Oy.
I came over to ma & pa Griffith's for dinner & socialization for Father's Day, as I'm playing hockey tomorrow night. So much for a Father's Day supper with the family, eh.... ?
No comments:
Post a Comment