Friday, June 06, 2003

In the throes of extreme boredom & inactivity

Today has been a veritable hot-bed of inactivity. There has been no limit to the amount and range of things not to be done. It's exciting, it's enthralling. Actually, it's utterly vapid.

I was awoken around 10:00 by my lovely lady, and could ask for no better sound to hear first than her voice. I proceeded to sit around & do very little, including brew and then drink coffee, eat a bowl of cereal, and waste time on the computer. Eventually I called Tatiana back, trying to figure out if we could squeeze in a few minutes together during her preparations for this weekend, but her mom was nagging at her & I haven't heard from her since. Looks like it's to be yet another day of not seeing her, of which the last four have been remarkably similar.

I took a shower and came here to mom & dad's to feed the cats & loaf around. I met up with Stenz who's insistence that I hand over my Mac to him for an upgrade is bordering on relentless. Guess he's bored too. We hit up Parkside Texas Hots for garbage plates, then went to Ben's new abode. Ben & Susan live on a remote, secluded, nearly hidden street on the outer frontier of Seabreeze, which is itself kind of an outer frontier. Tucked away up near Lake Ontario & Irondequoit Bay, Seabreeze is a small, odd community which consists of a maze of vaguely-connected streets. A lost world forgotten by time and possibly the Industrial Revolution, it sits quietly, unpolluted by progress, technology and hygeine. With the possible exception of Ben & Susan, Seabreeze appears to be inhabited by over-weight homely people, who drive rusty land-yachts from the 70s or pick-ups, and live in modest ranch houses or dilapitated shot-gun shacks. They also seem to have an affinity for mullets... even the females.

After navigating our way through several streets, I followed Stenz down a dead-end road, which went down a hill, with a guard-rail bordering a small ravine on one side. We found Ben's pad, which seemed nice enough, with a decorative log fence in their tiny excuse for a front yard. Upon entering my first words were, "is it me, or is the house tilted?" My suspicions were confirmed, as their house does indeed cant towards the lake. Fascinating. The rest of the house was nice, although not well-suited for tall people, especially the clearance in the stair-way. Ben's got his computing center/office set-up in a room on the second floor already...no surprise that was set-up so quickly. They have a huge walk-in closet, as none of the rooms have any closets. There's a deck and a sun-room as well. A small back-yard is big enough to entertain guests, and a bent chain-link fence may prevent inebriates and small children from tumbling down a steep, slightly wooded embankment to another name-less, insignificant street.

Go ahead and re-read that description. I should be a real estate salesman, shouldn't I?

I returned to mom & dad's & have done very little, which is ok since it's summer and it's friday. I'm hoping my friend Zach calls back when he gets home from work so I have something to do. Web-surfing and throwing back Cuba Libres is only so entertaining. Unless I were to increase my Cuba Libre intake...

Perhaps I'll post again later, although I suspect I'd be writing about nothing some more. At least there's hockey practice tomorrow!

No comments: