And I don't mean "sick" as in "Flea is a totally sick bass player, duuuuude!" I mean that I've come down with some wretched pestilence and I am literally sick as a fucking dog (metaphorically speaking, of course, since not all dogs are sick all the time).
This is especially unfavorable because I'm playing all weekend. Hence the blog title. As I wrote in a previous post, We're playing today, and twice tomorrow. I'm hoping that whatever I have is gone (or at least somewhat better) by tomorrow, since both gigs are pretty high-profile. Not only are we playing in front of various old-time big-gun musicians, but a potentially large percentage of area residents may see us play between either venue tomorrow, and our performance could be seen/heard by notable local reviewers. So I have to find a way to be on top of my game tomorrow.
Playing like shit today is forgivable. Playing like shit tomorrow... not so much.
So... anybody know of a good over-the-counter medication that suppresses coughing, wheezing, and sinus and chest congestion? That won't leave me all loopy and/or higher than a kite and unable to play bass? Let me know soon!
This is especially unfavorable because I'm playing all weekend. Hence the blog title. As I wrote in a previous post, We're playing today, and twice tomorrow. I'm hoping that whatever I have is gone (or at least somewhat better) by tomorrow, since both gigs are pretty high-profile. Not only are we playing in front of various old-time big-gun musicians, but a potentially large percentage of area residents may see us play between either venue tomorrow, and our performance could be seen/heard by notable local reviewers. So I have to find a way to be on top of my game tomorrow.
Playing like shit today is forgivable. Playing like shit tomorrow... not so much.
So... anybody know of a good over-the-counter medication that suppresses coughing, wheezing, and sinus and chest congestion? That won't leave me all loopy and/or higher than a kite and unable to play bass? Let me know soon!
Powered by ScribeFire.
No comments:
Post a Comment