The Mac is back! In an unprecedented display of speed and efficiency, Apple returned my ailing iBook to the Walden Galleria Mall Monday. I was shocked at how fast it was done, really. They replaced the hard drive, keyboard, and top housing. Works like a charm now. They only put OS 10.2 on it, so I had to dump a couple hours into putting Panther on it. No biggie. Then it took me a few more hours to hunt down & install all the programs and updates I had on it before it shit the bed. I'll be testing the power in the outlets soon to see if a voltage problem may have done it in; the funky power here toasted three power supplies in TJ's tower!
The Strattera has continued to mess with my head since I upped the dosage to 2 pills/80 mg a day, as per the Dr. Side effects have increased (my least favorite is not being able to take a leak in the morning), and I spent yesterday feeling very... medicated. Kind of out of it in a strange way. The good news is that I cut back my alcohol consumption last week (except for the birthday night...) and Dr. AA was reasonably pleased with that, so he didn't push the AA angle anymore, which relieved me. He indicated that he didn't think I had a serious enough problem to warrant that. Whew! In the meanwhile, the counselor and I are working on addressing the structure/organizational issues I'll need to address in order to succeed or get shit done. She lent me a book, called Succeeding in College With Attention Deficit Disorders: Issues and Strategies for Students, Counselors and Educators. So far it's a pretty good read, and it should have a load of good strategies for ADHD college students like me, who keep doing poorly.
My latest brain-child was to realize that the IT plan was just plain dumb. I'm awful at math. Terrible. So why would I choose to study a curriculum revolving around advanced math, logic and logarithms? Beats me. So I'm likely going to either get a BA in English or take another whack at History, grabbing my 8-12 certification along with it. I still think I'd make a good teacher, and that I'd find it rewarding.
8:44:08 PM... trombone choir was fun today. So fun in fact, that I had second thoughts about not coming back in the fall. But that was just the emotion of the camaraderie appealing to me, I think. Such a decision still wouldn't make sense. For a change of pace, after that I hauled my bass up to a 3rd floor practice room and worked on my bowing for awhile. It made my hands kinda sore, but it was kinda fun.
Shortly we here are off to BJ's to reap the benefits of dollar pint night. And tomorrow, I must have a Guinness from somewhere. I don't care where, but I must have a Guinness!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FYI - $2 Guinness draughts at the newly opened O'Callaghan's tonight. It's where JJ Flynn's used to be on Monroe. But, I can't go because I have practice. Remember where we were 6 months ago? Hahah.
Post a Comment