Saturday, March 12, 2005

Happy B-Day, but not so happy aftermath

I've successfully made it to 32! Celebrations included a surprise Amerks game, the brain-child of my love. Anne, Sean, Beth, Jeff and Jeff's friend Brian were the other attendees. It was a close, exciting game, which the Amerks got 4-3 over the Binghamton Senators. There were even a couple fights, which added to the first-game experience for Heidi. Thankfully she really enjoyed herself so hopefully we'll be to more games this spring.

Today, Heidi doesn't feel so well. For we went to MacGregor's to meet up with Kirk & Kristi, and we surprised to see Ben and Susan there, after their Blackfriar's performance. Well, we had more beer, and that wound up putting poor Heidi over the limit, and she's been rather bed-ridden all day. She's sworn off alcohol forever, and I'm curious to see if this is the effect of a suffering hang-over or if it's genuine. Of course, if she goes sober, I will too, since she was willing to do so for me. This alcohol consumption is tricky stuff.

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Seriously. I'm never drinking again. At least not this week. Maybe not next, either.

I hope you had a memorable birthday! Hey, I forgot to give you your birthday spanking....

Ryan said...

Well you'll have plenty of chances for the spanking next week *winks* Watch it though, or I might return the favor!

Take a breather from the beer, yeah. But don't drop it like a bad habit just yet. Cause if you do, so will I. So there. *sticks tongue out*