Just dropping in to say hi
Keeping pace with last spring, I've been too busy or dis-inclined to post anything. There's stuff going on, some of it too routine to bother writing about, some of it stuff I'm not interested in divulging. The problem with not posting often is that I feel obligated to play catch-up and bring everyone (or the 3-4 people who read this) up to speed. Well I'm going to resist this urge today & just make this a quick post. Like last year, I'll increase my posting later on sometime.For now the biggest news is that two weeks ago I received my official acceptance letter from Fredonia, inviting me to begin studies there in the Fall 2004 semester. Victory is mine!!!
College basketball is all the rage now, what with March Madness/Final Four action everywhere, and everyone's talking about it or betting on it. Except me. I don't give a rat's ass about tree hockey. I'm just waiting for the NHL playoffs... the Bruins made the cut and it'll be a good run! And if it weren't for the Hyatt I could grow my playoff beard.
The Rebel Dawgs won our game last week against the new & improved Warriors, who we steam-rolled 9-2. The only improvement I noticed was their new goalie, who is substantially better then either of the previous ones, but his team hung him out to dry and Jeff let the poor bastard have it to the tune of 7 goals. We take on our chief rivals the Cheap Skates tonight at 8 PM.
There's all kinds of musical rumbling afoot. I don't know where I stand as far as ensemble participation goes, except for the Avon Symphony, where I'm playing Trombone II again. I backed off of jazz a little to accommodate the musical and Noon Flyte (show choir). I lost the audition for the musical and the bass chair was given to another player, who can't read well. This is after Mr. Fitt told me I could be the go-to guy on bass. So I'm not really doing much, musically. I intend to pick up a couple tunes on trombone in jazz if I can, and maybe 1 on bass. Nyerges asked me to learn a bunch of bass charts to back up the backup bassist, who can do funk on the electric well, but can't read exceptionally well, and isn't comfy on the upright. So I agreed to learn several tunes as long as I can play one at the final concert. Good deal to me! I bought a pickup for my upright, and as soon as the poor girl is out of the shop for winter repairs I'll test it out. The dry air wreaked havoc on her, as I discovered a split seam (like alst winter) as well as an actual crack on the top, running from next to the tailpiece up towards the sound-post, which would have resulted in a major repair had it reached that critical structure. Damn dry air.
That's it from here... guess I wound up updating more than I intended to. Who knows when I'll post again, so make the most of this one! Feel free to leave me comments saying hi or imploring me to post more... perhaps I will if I feel there's a demand for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment