Friday, April 09, 2004

Weekly Update

Props to Julia & Heidi for dropping me a line via the comments. I feel the love. So. Another week is ended and I don't have to worry about school for the next week. Ahh, spring break! And of course I'm going precisely nowhere for this break. No Cancun or Palm Beach for me. TJ and I were thinking of going to NYC for an over-night trip but it appears to have fizzled since we haven't fixed my Saturn's brakes yet. They are totally, completely, 100% shot. The car shudders because grooves have been worn into the rotors. Damn it. I'm hoping that's a project for this week sometime, but TJ doesn't want to work on the car if it's not at least sort of warm out, so we'll see.

The last game turned out fairly successful, with a 11-5 win. The Cheap Skates have lost a couple key players and they're just awful now. Possibly worse than the Warriors, but that's a stretch. Tomorrow night brings a game with the other new C division team, known only as "New 'C' Team." There are rumours circulating about a dirty player, a high-sticker on that mostly young team. This miscreant slashed one of the Warriors' guys, cutting him badly above the eye. I saw this... he had blood running down his face. In the next game he high-sticked our friend Ken (of the Red Wolves) twice during the game. Not cool at all. Ken skated over after the second sticking and threatened the whole bench. If this punk gets his stick up in the face of any of our guys, he's getting his ass kicked pretty quickly. Also, psycho goalie, who started the bench-clearing brawl from the first season is their goaltender. I've been told that particular incident was family related.... his son and brother played on the Cheap Skates at the time, and that he's unlikely to start anything. But we shall see. Hopefully it will all go smoothly, and hopefully we'll hand them their asses, but we'll all find out tomorrow night. If there's a fight, I'll stay in the crease unless people start coming off the bench or unless the other goalie leaves his crease. Basically I'll be cool unless it's obvious that we're getting a suspension, or unless somebody starts with me personally.

It's all cool as long as I don't lose any teeth.

It's nearing the end of the semester. It's finally hitting me that I'm really, honestly almost done with MCC. I went into school today just for meetings. Theory was cancelled and so I spent the whole time running around doing SMA stuff. I went to a noon round-table meeting, which is a monthly get together for all the student clubs, and officers from every club are required, under penalty of a fine, to attend. It's one of the most boring ways to waste 50 minutes I can fathom. After that I went around trying to see if I could get a performance group to play for International Day later this month. When we get back to school in a week we have to get SMA elections happening. Then we have to work on awards banquet stuff. Then plan the end of the year picnic. Busy but I'm enjoying this officer stuff.

On the way back to building 12 I passed through the courtyard, which I've done countless times over the past 6 years (except the two I wasn't in school). It's beginning to really hit me that it's almost over. I've been there so long that it's like high school all over again. It feels like home and it'll be weird to finally move on. I'm going to really enjoy my last five weeks there, it's been a hell of an experience. I'm sure I'll reflect more and possibly get all sappy as the end really nears. It's going to be one of those few honestly "bittersweet" things. I hate the word, it's so goddamn pretentious, but it fits.

That's it from here... I'm gonna enjoy a friday night free for once... I'll report more soon!

No comments: