I've played around with Blogger's new "Blogger in Draft" and added a poll for giggles. You'll find it in the sidebar, right below the music calendar. The object of this poll is to see what peoples' opinions are regarding summer music festivals... specifically which one(s) The Varnish Cooks ought to gun for next year. I'm focusing on bluegrass, folk, and roots music festivals. I didn't include the Grassroots festival here in NY because for one thing, I'm already planning on going for that one. Also, this is a preliminary info-gathering initiative... the band hasn't discussed the idea of big-name festivals in depth yet, but it's going to be a subject I'll bring up as fall approaches.
Also, the band is planning to record sometime this summer. Eight tunes, hopefully done at Eastman, where Ben is a grad student. As that project gets rolling I'll have more information. Hopefully we'll have a CD for sale before the holiday season!
So, please feel free to participate in the new poll, and let me know where you'd like to see the Cooks play next summer!
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, can you turn the choices into links, too? Since I'm silly and haven't heard of any of the other festivals besides Bonnaroo. Also, put me down as 1 vote for the Grassroots, but only as long as it's not the same time as Hank Roberts. Because, no offense, I'd go hear him first. :-P
I'm betting that I can't turn the choices into links, but I'll definitely check it out & see! That would be groovy for those folks (like you, darling!) who aren't as familiar with some of those big summer festivi.
You didn't say anything about my Hank Roberts crack.
Post a Comment