It's shockingly hot today, with a high of 96° (I think). The heat index must have been at least that. There's pretty much no air flow in our house, and I'm surrounded by stagnant, oppressive, thick, hot air. It's still and thick, and feels sluggish. Everything and everyone seems to move slower. It's probably just the heat, but it seems like everything is is being slowed down by the thick, muggy atmosphere.
Storms flirted with us, but stayed to our north and south. I'm resigned to a cold shower before bed, and then air conditioning (which I'm thankful to have, and will be a great relief!). I don't dare set foot into the bedroom, lest the a/c ensnare me with its welcome blast of cold, and beckon me to lie down and fall asleep without showering.
The cold bedroom is too great a temptation, and once there, enveloped by cool, crisp air, I won't want to leave again. Even to shower.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
me crabby in this heat :(
Post a Comment