Monday, July 23, 2007

My Right Index Finger Must Hate Me

My poor finger has been terribly abused of late. It began last week with a 2 1/2 hour band practice on the upright bass, which resulted in a large blister. Then we played three gigs over the weekend which added another blister to the index finger, and one to the middle finger. Today I sustained a fairly significant cut between the two blisters while hauling a dryer out of a truck. I don't think it'll need stitches, but it bled like hell for a few minutes, and plucking double bass strings won't do it any favors for a few days at least.

With a pretty important gig coming up on saturday, this isn't helpful, to say the least. And my poor finger is probably left wondering what it did to piss me off.

In the world of good news, all the gigs this past weekend went off great. They culminated with the ARTWalk Muse-A-Thon on University Avenue. We played about two hours while baking in the mid-day sun, but we gathered a good crowd, and depleted our supply of fliers. I've also found out that band website has had over 50 hits since yesterday, so we garnered some good interest. Hopefully alot of those people will be out for our show this Saturday.


A Democrat and Chronicle photographer kindly took several pictures of us playing, one of which made it onto the paper's online slide-show. Channel 10 News (WHEC) also
took some footage for a few minutes, but I'm not sure if we made the TV.

Due to time constraints at the moment, I'm not including any pics or links from Muse-A-Thon, but will post them very soon... check back!

9 comments:

Ben said...

we did make it to the TV. actually, we were the only musical act they featured, plus they used "shady grove" as the soundtrack for the entire 2 minute feature on the festival.

Ryan said...

well I'll be a monkey's bare-assed uncle! Were we on both 10 & R News? I'm fairly sure R News did the interview of the dude whose studio we played in front of...

battlemaiden said...

I hope your parents taped it, Ryan. Sweet! (You're still no Hank Roberts, though.)

battlemaiden said...

Oh, and in case you were interested, go here:
http://www.hankrobertsmusic.com/merchandise.html

to listen to a few of Hank's new tunes.

Ryan said...

You're either using my blog to pimp Hank Roberts or you're using it to antagonize poor Ben.

Which is it lady?

Ben said...

ok i listened to hank's "tunes." why don't you check out this music if want some real cello magic...

battlemaiden said...

Yes.

Ryan said...

Hehe I think you asked for that one.

Now you've started a comment war on my blog!

battlemaiden said...

Oh, that Ben, he's hilarious. *smooch*