... don't close the convection oven with your bare hands. I have some nice red fingers with splotchy white marks from burning myself on the 450 degree oven at work.... again. One day I'll learn. I iced the fingers (the middle two on my left hand) for at least a good half hour, which helped. But I had prep to do so I had to take a deep breath... and toss out the ice pack. For the next 5-10 minutes I had to endure waves of cringing, eye-crossing pain as the sensation returned to my fingers. There's no way around that, you just have to go through it before it gets better.
Eventually I'll probably burn myself enough times where I won't be such a sissy, but for now I'm still acting like a rookie. Burns still hurt quite a bit.
And yes, closing the oven with my hands was an accident; I missed the wooden door handles and touched metal by mistake.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment