Saturday, July 29, 2006

More restaurant drama

I was amused to learn last night that there were some fisti-cuffs yesterday. Apparently one of the cooks has been trying to get $20 owed to him from another cook (which supposedly was given to another cook, but never given to the lad owed!). While trying to collect the monies, this cook was attempting to prove his manliness as well, which really only proved to be bad for his health.

For brevity, we'll refer to them as "cook owed," and "rehab cook."

I was told this young lad, the cook owed, had been calling rehab cook at all hours of the day and night, threatening to kick his ass, etc. Not terribly bright. So rehab cook started wearing steel-toed boots to work, expecting this ass-kicking contest to happen eventually. Yesterday the rumble finally went down, and cook owed confronted rehab cook out back, and was stupid enough to take the first swing. Rehab cook beat the living shit out of cook owed, kicking him with the steel-toed boots (including in the balls), and beating his head on the length of the fence, and possibly a few times on a propane tank.

One of the owners finally came out and grabbed both by their necks and broke it up. Cook owed whined that he had been kicked in the stones, and the owner expressed no sympathy for the dumb fuck. Personally, I view nuts-kicking as a last resort, and no manly way to settle a fight that's not for your survival. If you're just teaching someone a lesson, or beating the fuck out of a pain in the ass loud-mouth, then hitting below the belt is, well, below the belt. But by taking the first swing against a guy like he took the first swing at... well, he asked for it, really.

So did cook owed learn his lesson? From what I hear, it's not certain he did. You'd think a few jarring bashes to the back of the head on a wooden fence would wake you up, but maybe it
takes some more persuasion for some people...

This never happened with me, although I came very close to brawling once. Let it be known that I was out back after closing as agreed upon, but my antagonist never showed, the lily-livered chicken-shit.

I just love working in this business, there's never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check out a website called restaurantdrama.com