Today is my first day of sobriety. It's time to clean my act up and that starts with gaining control over myself. My drinking hasn't gotten to the point where my life is a disaster, but I can recognize alcohol's control over me, and the frequent urge to drink is unsettling. When my thoughts are pre-occupied, if not consumed with when I can have a beer, and when 1 beer usually leads to as many as I can drink until the supply runs out, it's apparent that I've got a problem. I really regret that I've ruined drinking for myself, at least for the foreseeable future, but there will come a time when I don't regret it because alcohol won't control me, and drinking won't really be important.
I had what is probably my last drink yesterday afternoon. It's going to be quite a change, given that much of my socialization and all of my escapism revolved around drinking or being drunk.
Things will become easier as I regain control over my life, and I'm happy to be beginning that today.
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you...way to go, honey. Water is way better for us, anyway. I'm excited to get healthy again!
Post a Comment