Saturday, May 28, 2005

Band updates

It looks as though the possibility of a Jacoda reunion were a fleeting, momentary hope, a longing for the past and not much more. Don hasn't called me back, and Filer has a band he's pretty serious about and writing prolifically for. I don't think the interest went beyond Chris, and briefly myself. A couple days after I chatted with Filer I find myself not too bothered by the lack of Jacoda prospects. Yes, I want to do some regular playing with some competent musicians, but Jacoda is a thing of the past, I think. A good thing of the past, but in the past nonetheless. If Don ever calls back it sounds like the old band may get together and jam once over the summer, for fun, but Filer was against the idea of booking gigs. He did say that he still hears people remark to him about Jacoda; we were apparently an impressive local band that had fostered a wider audience than I realized. Too bad things didn't work out, but oh well.

Last night I talked to Cole and it sounds like we'll be stepping up the gigging. I got the nod to book shows, so long as I consult with him and the drummer about dates and money, which makes good sense. Upcoming gigs may include such places as Shamrock Jack's, Murph's, and possibly even *gasp* Milestones, and not as just a band competition contestant. Cole says he knows "Mr. Milestones" and can book us there. Cool. Should be good fun, I say!

No comments: