Monday, April 09, 2007

Playoff Season

The Boston Bruins have managed to eliminate themselves from playoff contention yet again. Sadly, I'm not surprised. I've become a defacto Buffalo Sabres fan in the last couple of years, given that so many players are alumni from the Amerks.

The Sabres' last game of the regular season was tonight (a 4-3 loss to Philadelphia), but the conference quarterfinals begin the 11th.

Like any good, old-time hockey fan (who's male, at least), I know it's that time of year. Time to shear my face of the winter beard, and begin growing the Playoff Beard. There will be no shaving and very minimal trimming until Buffalo wins The Cup! (or loses it, for that matter) I'll only trim as much and as often as I need to in order to keep from being fired at work. I'll provide periodic pictures of the beard's progress, along with my takes on any Sabres games I happen to catch on TV. Sadly, my work schedule will prevent me from seeing anything that's not on a Friday or Saturday night through the end of April. After that though, I aim to be glued to the tube for every game I can manage!

Go Sabres!

No comments: