Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When we come back... Another Notch!

Thanks to Emeril for the blog title! Anyways, in this vast land of infrequent updates, I have a couple of great new updates.

#1: I have yet another new job!
Always seeking something better than the menial labour for $10 or less, I accepted a position with Bon Appétit Management Co. (they're very socially and ecologically responsible) at a local college as a salaried manager (!) I'll be receiving the best income I've yet had by at least double, with health and dental insurance. And, the most frightening part, I'll actually be in charge of other people. It's a phenomenal job and I'm absolutely giddy that I was able to land it.... things are looking up! So now I'm in charge of all the retail food operations at this college, and it's a wonderful and slightly intimidating position to be in, but I love it!

#2: Heidi and I rented a house! Not just an apartment mind you,
but an entire two-story dwelling in one of the city's many historic neighbourhoods. We've secured ourselves a lovely couch and love-seat, as well as a phenomenal mattress and US-made platform bed. We'll be moving in over the next 2-3 weeks, and it's alot to absorb, all this stuff happening it once!

So #1 helps facilitate #2, as my measly income at the soon-to-be former restaurant would've left me in fairly tight quarters financially. This new job will help us to live pretty comfortably, and it's a very big and important step for our journey.

Of course, being the new guy, even in a salaried management position, I've inherited the shit shift (3pm - about 1am), it won't last forever. As I (hopefully) move up the food chain (so to speak), I'll get more humane hours, and I can look forward to getting more normal, quality-time stuff in with Heidi, as well as getting back to other stuff that's important to me, like my musical pursuits.

So, big news 'round these parts! Ryan's got himself something resembling a career! And a house! And the kind of existence most grown-ups aspire to!

Huzzah!

No comments: