Hope everyone’s Christmas is going well... enjoy your time with loved ones and hope you all get some good, useful gifts. And I hope you gave a bunch too. Much joy and merriment to everyone today!
I went to church last night *gasp* with Heidi’s family. She was at her own church playing the 7 and 11:00 services, though. The 11:00 service at Asbury was wonderful, replete with an organ and bell choir prelude for about a half hour before kick-off. There was loads of carol-singing and part of the service was candle-lit. It’s a gorgeous old (and really big) church, so it was a nice time. Although I was tired and got a little fidgety since we got there at ten. Two and a quarter hours of sitting quietly is taxing for me!
Today I slept in nice n’ late and had the traditional, cholesterol-laden breakfast with my folks. Bacon and eggs (fried in the bacon grease, of course!), sausage, and english muffins. We retired to the living room to open gifts and watch the cats charge around, frolicking with the wrapping paper and ribbons. I got some fine cookware and fleece stuff. And my Columbia parka so I won’t freeze my caboose off on those ultra cold days. I love my pea coat but it doesn’t cut it on those brutally frigid days.
Now I wait for Heidi to come over so we can do more present-opening. Then I’m off to her house for dinner and revelry, and thence to either the Summerville Grill or the Anchor Inn for libations with Stenz & the crew.
All in all, a great Christmas. And I enjoyed having the fundage to buy a bunch of shit for Heidi and my parents for once... I’m usually too broke!
Sunday, December 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment