Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Unthinkable Will Happen

The title paraphrases the subject line of an email from my friend Matt. Here's the headline:

Pink Floyd reuniting for Live 8

Yes, ALL of Pink Floyd. Roger Waters will actually be joining the band onstage in London. For real. It marks the first time since 1981 that all four will be performing together. Wow. I'm really blown away.

David Gilmour said today, "Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world... Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

This had better goddamn well be available on video.

1 comment:

Julia said...

To what end will Matt and/or you go to actually see this concert? I could see Matt using his status as a special agent to find a way to be security for Pink Floyd.. or at least Roger Water's personal bouncer.