I love getting my way. In the last week or so, I've concluded that I'd much rather be playing bass trombone than tenor, so I went in and pitched it to BK. I played him a movement of a bass trombone sonata, and a Rochut down an octave. He deliberated the ramifications of my request, and had me play a few more things to listen to my tone. By the end of the lesson I had achieved my goal. Victory is mine! I pointed out to BK that he's running out of bass players, as the girl playing most of it now is student teaching this spring and can't play in any ensembles. I got to watch him think the whole situation through, and go from being a little hesitant to switch gears in my lessons (which is on tenor), to thinking we could integrate more and more bass in lessons, to deciding that I should just jump in and start playing all bass now. It was a fascinating process.
Which again, resulted in me being a bass trombone major.
I might add I'm Fred State's only official bass trombone principal.
Good for me, I deserve a big atta boy.
In other news, lots has been happening, all of it good, but none of it I'm really at liberty to blog about for now. Hopefully someday, since it's mostly what my life revolves around.
Friday I'm headed up to Kirk's family cottage for a nice relaxing weekend with friends, and boy am I looking forward to it! I'm out of here like a shot after Foundations at 1 pm, and as soon as I get back to town, Heidi's picking me up and we're headed straight for Sackets Harbor. Kirk, Kristi, Ben and Susan are all joining us there. There'll be lots of camaraderie, drinking, eating, more drinking, bonfires on the beach, canoeing, and eating in Sackets' fine restaurants. Oh, and drinking. Anything else that goes on is none of your goddamn business.
Maybe I'll tell you when you're older.
And now I'm off to bass trombone a little!
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well congrats on that! Good news! Woo-hoo! I'll drink to that! And will I ever this weekend! Have fun in Sacketts Harbor.
Yeah, and don't forget about the drinking.
And it's also nice to see you so happy and passionate about your 'bone. *snickers*
Rumour has it I'm not the only one passionate about my 'bone. *grins*
Post a Comment