What I really wanted to be today was sick. Yes, that's exactly what I want. Good thing I got my wish. My nose was running like a faucet by 10:00 this morning. I had to practice with wads of tissue crammed up my nostrils. What fun! I came home from lunch (after an uncomfortable 20 minutes in Foundations class) and popped an antihistamine, which didn't really clear me up, but did a fine job making me groggy and befuddled. So in this state I returned to school, bought a box of kleenex and a cup of tea, and went to the brass area recital. Trombone choir performed 3 movements from a Flor Peeters tune, and I remarkably played fairly well. There was good bass tromboning to be had.
After this ordeal, I quickly returned home and popped another antihistamine, then shortly thereafter collapsed into a four hour coma. Heidi called at one point, and she's sick too, and bed-ridden.
A girl in my Foundations (of Music Ed) class group was sent home because she's got mono and it's screwing with her liver, apparently. Man I hope I don't get that. That'd fuck me over real good. It's already bad enough that I've got a concert this week. I'll be fully expected to play my ass off at that concert no matter how sick I am, of course. I'll do it, but I won't exactly be gung-ho about it if I'm not better.
Well, I have a written theory test tomorrow to bomb, so I'm going to go review for it, take more drugs, then pass out for as long as possible.
Monday, October 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment