I'm a two-time champion!
I barely made it through the game last night, but we won the division title again. The final score was a ridiculous 11-10 against the Cheap Skates. My breathing wasn't an issue, but fatigue certainly was. I played a good 1 12 periods before I quickly ran out of steam. In the 3rd I gave up 7 goals in just a few minutes, the majority being shots I should be able to handle. So our opponents tied the game and forced it into overtime. Now I didn't care for the score, but it was an exciting game to be sure. Not long into the OT there was a turnover and the Cheap Skates got possesstion and a forward fired a quick blast from the face-off circles and I made a quick glove save, stealing their game-winner. Now I'm not often impressed with myself, but that was a huge save, and glove saves are the best at taking the wind out of the other teams' sails. Less than a minute later Jeff got the puck and raced down to put it past their goalie, wrapping up the 2nd season in our favor. I was so tired it didn't even hit me that we won for a few seconds... then I slowly put my arms up and went to my team-mates where I was swept up in the celebrations. We had our picture taken in front of the net for our second plaque, and went over to Six Pockets for celebrations. Next sunday we do it again, starting what I hope will be our third winning season.Final stats for the season:
record: 8-2-1
points: 25
goals: 85
goals against: 51
my final GAA (Excluding the 4 scored on my sub in the semis): 4.70
could've done without 10 goals last night, but we won so it's all good.
So now I'm mostly exhausted, probably from hockey. I got up too late and missed jazz band, and I have to get moving pretty soon if I expect to make it to theory, which I really, really should. I stress really here. Recovering from the bronchitis is progressing well... I have an annoying but productive cough and my breathing is clear. Not too congested either. I just have to deal with the fatigue, but I have no trouble getting extra rest.. I'm a very lazy man after all!
That's all for now... the shower & school are calling me.
GO REBEL DAWGS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment