I'm on a rooftop porch in Greenwich Village, sipping some good, strong coffee with my band-mate GP. I'm also enjoying the calm before the storm, quite literally. The Storm Prediction Center is predicting a moderate chance of severe weather for a large swath of the northeast, and we're going to drive right through it on the way home. Right through the Bermuda Triangle. Our shitty luck may yet be lingering; there's already a tornado watch box out for western PA and all that stuff is going to move eastward. Given the events of the past couple days, I'm a little concerned about our journey home.
GP and I have to return the rental van to Scranton on the way back. Getting shoved around the interstate by high winds and pelted with hail is an unpleasant enough concept, but I could do without seeing my first tornado today. If I do see one, and if it won't cost me my life, I'll be sure to get some cool pictures!
More to come later... (?)
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment