Friday, June 02, 2006

It's all over...

...for the Sabres. After a marvelous season and playoff run, Buffalo succumbed to injuries depleting their lineup. They lost to the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, thus dashing their dream and ours, Lord Stanley's cup for Buffalo in 2006. I'm hoping they manage to hang on to most, if not all of their current lineup. Also, despite my Sabres talk, I'm primarily a Bruins fan, so I hope they tell Harry Sinden to take a long walk off a short pier so they can start winning again. My disgust with Sinden plateaued with his insane decision to trade away Joe Thornton for a bottle of gin and a carton of smokes. Senile old idiot.

I also just returned from Fredonia, where I enjoyed a couple days of excess while visiting with TJ and John. When we weren't sweating to death in the heat and humidity, we drank alot, ate alot, and smoked alot of cigarettes. And played some frisbee. And slept till noon. Business as usual for them, really. But I managed to pack on almost 5 pounds while out there, and I disgust myself, so it's time I cleaned up my act a little. I had been aiming at my trip out there as my zenith of excess, so now that I'm back it's time to start taking care of myself before I turn into a 200+ pound slug. And I don't have too far to go to reach that lofty goal either, so the balanced diet, portion control and exercise has to start today. A reduction in beer consumption is my emergency bail-out lever, only to be employed if all else should fail. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

What a bummer of a game. I thought things were really looking up after the 2 Sabres goals right in a row. They just couldn't hang with it, the poor bastards. Guess we'll be rooting for Edmonton, right? Oh, and don't forget to shave off your beard. *winks*

Ryan said...

At least I'm a fan of my playoff beard. Count yourself lucky that I didn't start it at the outset of the playoffs (maybe that's why they lost...). If I grew one from the get-go until game 7 of a final series (mid June), I'd look like quite the mountain man.